Saturday, March 6, 2010

Still Working/First Day

Still Working
As I write this I am sitting in front of a projector screen watching the finals of the Kansas City Regional. It's too early to tell how well received Breakaway! will be. My guess is you'll see some high scoring in the later regionals as teams figure out the most effective strategy.

This past week has been a busy one as we work to get the practice robot up and running. We've made some changes to the kicker as early testing revealed a flaw.

Our temporary new home has been a God-send. As I mentioned in my last post, we've set up camp in an empty gym.

First Day
Well, I started the post above with every intention of finishing it but it was not to be. We've since packed up and are now sitting in Orlando and have wrapped up the first day.

It was a long day and everyone worked hard to the robot going. Unfortunately we didn't make it on the field but we're in pretty good shape.

There was an issue with some speed controlers. We had one flame out on us and discoverd 2 other bad ones. Good thing we found those now.

Tomorrow qualification play starts and we're in the third match. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll post an update tomorrow night.

No comments: