Monday, March 1, 2010

The Robot Shipped!

Hello (I know I'm late again),
So much has happened since my last post. The robot shipped, we kind of found a new home, and we're busy getting the practice robot together.

Yes, last Tuesday at 3:03PM FedEx showed up to take the robot away. It was a bit hectic but she was secured in the crate, closed up and sent on her way. (notice my reference to the robot as "she" - I'm an old Navy guy).

After spending 3 weekends at Jonathan Parriera's house working in his garage, we've changed locations to an empty gym Mr. Cosme was able to procure for us. There's lots of room to work and drive the robot around! I want to thank Mr. and Mrs. Parriera for their hospitality as they went above and beyond the call of duty.

Our focus now is to get the practice robot fully assembled, test all systems, find the weak spots, make them better and find our drivers. If you'd like to come by for a peak, the address is 3000 W. Prospect Road, Fort Lauderdale. It's at the intersection of NW 31st Ave and Prospect Road, behind the 7-11.




No comments: